Friday, March 13, 2009

Jesus is the Answer

I was so blessed this week to have a sub job all week. I was at Riverside Christian subbing for the 7th and 8th grade science teacher. It was definitely a challenge on many levels, the main one being that science is probably my worst subject and I had to try and actually teach some of it! The students were pretty good, and all in all it was a long but good week. There were definitely some laughing moments in the classroom which was nice.

I am continuing to enjoy subbing. It has taught me so much about myself and my strengths and weaknesses as a teacher. I feel like God has really used this time to continue to show me what grade level I fit best in and where I can exercise my strengths the most. As frustrating as these middle schoolers were this week, I still love them and I feel they are a good fit for me.

I thought I'd share a cute story from the week:

The 7th graders had a test on Tuesday. 1st period begins and this little boy Adam comes right up to me and says that he's on the worship team and they are singing a song called "Jesus is the Answer." He then proceeded to ask:

"So if I don't know an answer to the test can I put Jesus, since He is the answer?!"

It just made me laugh. I of course told him no but that I'm glad he is understanding that Jesus is the answer to all of life's many problems but unfortunately it wasn't going to get him a better grade on his science test!

Being around so many different students of all ages everyday, I feel like I need to start a journal of all the funny things I hear!

Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!
And remember: Jesus is YOUR answer!!! :o)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Funny and cute! And you are right, you should keep a journal of funny things, because they will happen and you will forget otherwise!