Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Star, Our Gift

This is a picture of our Star. Brandon and I found it while we were enjoying some time away in Forest Falls this past Saturday. We decided it would be representative our our first baby.


These past 12 weeks (technically 8 since we have known) have been a beautiful gift from the Lord. Brandon and I have already learned amazing things about having a child, and we are so thankful for this short time.


We experienced the greatest joy when the doctor confirmed we were pregnant. And then even more joy when we got to share the news with our family and friends.


We experienced quite a change of pace in our normal routine of things as I was sick. Though so difficult then, I am so thankful for now. As hard as it was, it was a reminder that the baby was growing and alive, and it comforted me.


We experienced excitement as we started planning and adjusting life to prepare for our little one to come. (I was planning on not finishing the school year and staying home next year with the baby.)


Then we experienced such sadness and sorrow as we found out that the baby was no longer with us. News so unexpected is never easy to handle, especially when it is the loss of a child. You don't know what to do but just cry.


Then we felt uplifted as our church, family, and friends interceded for us and lifted us up in prayer. Constant texts, calls, and cards were beautiful reminders of the amazing people the Lord has blessed us with.


We finally experienced Peace. After several days of grieving, time in the Word, prayer, and time with family, God brought us such an amazing peace that surpasses all understanding. Our God is so good and gracious. Knowing the truth that this baby was not a mistake. Our Father created him/her, and the little one is now with Him in His arms. He knew this would be a trial that would test our faith and streghten us as a couple. What a gift.


Now we experience Hope. Hope for the future in what the Lord's plan for our family is.


The following verse (among MANY others) has calmed our hearts and has focused our minds:


"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again Rejoice . . . The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7


This has always been one of my favorite verses, and it again has penetrated my heart.


Thank you so much for the many of you who have been praying for us! We ask that you continue to pray as we continue to learn to move forward.


We love you and we thank you.


More to come . . . we look forward to sharing more about what the Lord has taught us through this journey.

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

We love you guys so much and you have been in our prayers constantly. Know we are thinking and praying for you.

Karis Mooney said...

I love you both so much! Thinking and Praying for you! It warms my heart to see such faith even through this time. I love you guys!

Random Flair said...

Love you guys so much. So glad to hear that the Lord is bringing the comfort and peace we have been asking him for. Thank you for handling this in faith - you are a great example.

Brendon and Staci said...

You guys are an amazing encouragement and blessing to so many people. I'm just sitting here praising our Father who has given you peace. We love you so much Brandon and Andrea.
~ Brendon and Staci

Sunchild said...

It never ceases to amaze me how God can use such a valley to bring such great glory to His name. You both radiate the peace and joy of Christ so brightly, even more so in the darkest of times. I praise God for you and Brandon as a couple, who set such a godly precedent for those of us around you.

I was praying for you guys while listening to the "Bless the LORD, O My Soul" song we've been singing in church recently, and I couldn't help but feel as though this embodies the Christian life, and you both as a couple. Whether in feast or fallow, good or bad, praise God we have His peace - and with it, His people.

Praying and thanking God for ya'll continually.


- Stephanie ^_^

SamH. said...

I love you guys so much. You have been in my prayers daily. Asking that God would be glorified and grant you peace. Thank you for sharing this. He is greatly set on display through your lives and this trial. I will continue to pray.

-Sam Hauser

Sarah Cooley said...

Oh my beautiful friends, Philippians 4 was exactly what I was praying over you guys! When I found out, I was crushed and saddened and grieving for you guys. After I had time to pray and think about it, I remembered that the Lord is so so so good and that now more than ever would be the time to remember that. I am so glad that the Lord has brought you two his peace and this knowledge! God is being glorified through this situation! Thank you for ALWAYS setting a great example for me! I look up to you guys and view you as family! LOVE YOU!

abrendal austin said...

I am so sorry to hear about this being I am your neighbor and was sharing in your joy. There is nothing I can think of to make it right but that God will bring you through this. I went through the same thing and time will make it better

Emily Rimestad said...

I Love you Andrea. 1 Cor 3-4 was a verse that I relied heavily on during our time of loss. It talks about how God is the God of all comfort and He comforts us so that we will be able to comfort others. God can and will use this difficult time for His glory. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

thank you for your encouragement though your words!! I love you guys and I praise God for you! xoxo