Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sitting at the Lord's Feet

“Mary…sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to his teaching.” Luke 10:39

Sitting at the Lord’s feet doesn’t imply what position our body should be in; it represents what position our heart should be in. Where we sit has nothing to do with body posture and everything to do with the posture of our heart.


Mary approached her Lord with a posture of humility. She sat before her Lord as a hungry learner, an eager student. We should come to God’s Word in the same way.


So where’s your heart this holiday season? Is it running frantically through the mall? Is it gazing longingly at an unwrapped present? Is it mingling with guests at a holiday party?


It’s not enough just to sit. There’s a special place we must sit. We must sit
at the Lord’s feet. We must come to God’s Word with a humble heart: eager to learn, ready to receive, and determined to obey.

I copied this right from this wonderful blog written by Carolyn Mahaney. This is exactly what I need to focus on this Christmas break. I am so thankful that I have two weeks to slow down, fellowship with people I love, and most importantly spend much needed alone time with the Lord. During the school week my priorities too often get tangeled. I am in desperate need for this time and can't wait to dive in.

No comments: