Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Blessings

My mom did something really special this year as a gift for all of us. My sister approached her with a World Vision catalogue and asked for my mom to bless some families in third world countries by purchasing some items instead if Christmas gifts for her. My mom went with the idea but included all of us, and I must say it truly blessed us as well.

In Brandon's name, 2 Bibles were sent to children that was translated in their language. In my name, safety was provided for a girl who was exploited by the sex slave trade in Cambodia.In Kevin's name, a fishing kit was sent to a family to provide a means for them for food.
Finally, in Kristi's name, a girl in a third world country was sent to school.

These were the last "gifts" we opened. We were all so thankful this was the note we ended our Christmas morning with. These gifts that were provided to these families by my mom's generosity are things that help with survival. It is overwhelming thinking what an "traditional" American Christmas looks like compared to some of these countries. We were left with burdened hearts and overwhelming thanks.

Thank you Mom!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is really neat! I love your mom :)

Kristin said...

I Love this idea! I Love you too!