Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was my first day of school and I had such a great day! My stomach was in knots all week and I was worried about today but I was so encouraged by all the people who were lifting me in prayer today. I can't thank you all enough. I woke up this morning, after actually getting some sleep last night, and felt very ready for my day. The awesome rolled up/Mickey Mouse pancakes that my husband got up and made me helped also! :-)
I am so happy to be teaching. It felt wonderful to be conducting class in my room room in my own way. I pray that the students and myself will learn much this year and that Jesus will be known by these students. My goal is that they leave 8th grade, feeling prepared for high school and feeling prepared to take on life with our Lord leading their way. I could use your prayers throughout the year for I know many bend in the road will come.
Here are some pictures of my classroom!

This is my COUGAR board-possibly one of my favorites! This is for my Journalism students to use to stay updated on the news.


Here are the perfectly arranged desks done by my awesome brother-in-law Chase! Thanks again! They were perfect!


My Fruit of the Spirit wall. My amazing husband helped me with this one.


Classroom rules :)


Love my Mary Engelbreight borders and calendar!


And the beautiful flowers that my mom sent to my classroom today! My mom came down about a month ago and helped me put all my fabric and borders up which was a huge help! I love how everything turned out!
Thank you again for all your prayers! I can't for the rest of the year!
GO COUGARS!!!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I LOVE IT!! I am so excited about how the Lord has blessed your life! Praise Jesus Boo!! This is what you have always wanted. Congrats Mrs. Burns! :)

Ashley said...

Your classroom is super cute! I knew it would be! So glad your first day went well. I am always here for you to pray for you and if needed to give teaching advice!!! Love ya sis :)

Angela Mooney said...

You are going to have an amazing year in many ways!!! Excited for your and will be praying for you!
Angela

Costellos said...

Congrats Andrea! I'm so happy for you. Those students are so lucky and blessed to have you as their teacher. :-)
Mrs. Burns....still sounds funny to me 'cause you're my LITTLE cousin!!
Good Luck! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shawnte Melody said...

So cute! So excited for you!