Monday, July 6, 2009

Trust

The title of this blog is "Trust," but really it should be "My Lack of Trust"; this is what God has been teaching me (Andrea) lately.

When hard circumstances come our way, as Christians we normally welcome them "trusting" that God is going to work through them and grow us from them. I have realized that I do usually welcome them, but then have a hard time allowing God to work through them. I get too wrapped up in trying to figure it out or work it out myself. We read Psalm 37 the other week at church and these verses greatly convicted my heart:

"Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as
the light
and your justice as the noonday.
Be still before the Lord and wait
patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who
prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil
devices!" (vs.5-7)
These verses show us we need to do 4 things:
1.commit our way to Him
2.trust in Him
3. be still before Him
4. wait patiently for Him
God promises that He will act.
I am thankful this week that amidst a difficult situation that God is the sovereign Author and Finisher over it all. Here, David does not say that God might act, he says that He Will. It is no longer in my hands. What an amazing God we serve. We are never alone, He is constant, and we are so weak without Him.
Thank you Father.

4 comments:

Shawnte Melody said...

I needed that! Thank you for posting it.

Ashley said...

Awesome reminder!! Thanks sis :)

The Hofschroer's said...

Thanks for the reminder Boo!

Emily Rimestad said...

Thank u for that Andrea!