Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Night We Giggled "I Love You"

The Night We Giggled "I Love You" happened last night. It was a night we said we never want to forget.

It was a night that came after a long day of work and such a wonderful time of fellowship and learning from our awesome friends at house group.

When we finally get to reconnect at the end of our evenings, our time is always filled with discussion of our days and what the next day will look like. Well last night we were struggling with future plans, trying to figure out what path God was leading us to. It was filled with hard and good moments of tears and great joy. We were again reminded of how good our God is and what a sweet place we are currently in.

We have a cozy apartment with the best cat in the world. God has blessed us with jobs that are getting us through every month. He has granted us through great grace eternal salvation, which we know we don't hold on tight enough to. And He has gifted us with each other which has made the past 3 months the best 3 months of our lives.

As we are exhausted ans falling asleep at night, we have realized that sometimes we tend to say funny things. For some reason last night we kept giggling "I love you." It was so sweet and comforting, and I know we both fell asleep with smiles on our faces, being reminded with our love for each other and the great love of Christ.

It is these moments and reminders that help get us through every day and remind us to be thankful.

One of the things I am so grateful for is how much Brandon and I laugh with one another. We are truly one another's best friend and we always have so much fun together. Being married has been more than we ever dreamed and more!
Here are a couple pictures where we have been caught laughing with one another!


During Christmas time!

And of course our perfect wedding day!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

Praying you are all having a wonderful week and enjoying this gorgeous weather!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you guys! I love that picture from Christmas. You look great together! I am praying for you both and will continue to as you plan your future. Love you both!

Deena Burns said...

i loved this post also in fact my phone call to you yesterday would have even meant more if id read this first. it is so awsome to watch how the lord is working through you both and you bring great joy to those around you. marriage is an awesome gift from god one to be cherished and protected. i know i am thankful for the wonderful daughter the lord brought to our family. brandon of course i love you too very much.

love mom burns

Kristin said...

I love you both :)