Monday, July 14, 2008

Update #4 Monday, July 14th

Hello Family and Friends,

Everything here is going really well! We are for the most part all feeling well and rested. I, Andrea, am feeling much better! Thank you everyone for your constant prayers. I would say I have been at a steady 90% for the past couple days, which has been really encouraging for me and the team. I probably won't be back to 100% until I get back into the states but that is okay cause I have been able to fulfill all our days activities without any trouble so that is what is important now! Everyone one else health wise is doing well also.

Tomorrow morning we head out to a few different cities for a "Tour of Duty" with another M here. We will be doing some street witnessing and we are all very excited for this new challange. From what we hear we will be talking with people on some beautiful beach cities in the counrty and we are very excited to get to see more parts of this country. Please be praying. Please be praying for boldness and discernment with our conversations as well as open hearts to those we will be speaking with. We will be doing this until Thursday, and then have some other activities for the weekend, so it might be a while until we can update again. But we are half way through our trip and can not believe how fast it has gone and how fast this next week will go.

During my time of sickness I read these verses that have really helped encourage me and lift my spirits during this struggle and Brandon and I wanted to share them with you.
Romans 5:3-5 says:

"More than that we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

God has truly taught me, and Brandon and I so much during this time. It has been really encouraging to look back at it, now that I am fully conscious, lol, and see how God's hand has been in it all. We are truly in His hands and His word has been such a great comfort. Psalm 95 has also been a great reminder to me in our purpose here and what our motivations and where our spirits should be daily.

Just in case if any of you were wondering about our future in M's, Andrea and I are constantly praying for God's guideance in this because we both understand and see God's global passion for the Nations and our call as Christians to tell the World about His name. So, to calm you all, while we both love M's, we both at this point feel called to stay in America and teach and live and witness in California, and we both plan on doing short term trips with students, or friends, or family, and especially to visit and minister to and with our M friends like Ashley and jeff and Brendon and Staci!! Maybe some day God will call us to the ends of the Earth and we are open to that, but God places the desires and passions on our Hearts and at this point it is where we are. We both also hope and pray that many of you who have never gone will go one day very soon, and we both long to help you to see and understand M's better so that you understand our passions and God's passion better for His children! Love you all!!

We are all very excited for this week and the new activities we will get to participate in. Can't wait to update you and tell you how they are going!!

We are sorry for the awful heat! Wish we could say it is better here, but it's just not! :)
Love and miss you all!

In His Service,
Andrea and Brandon

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that verse! Thanks for sharing it. I can see why it has encouraged you. We just had a conversation about how we as Christians are different from the world because we have hope! Hope is what sets us apart. I am thankful you are doing better, but I will still pray!

Shawnte Melody said...

I'm glad to see that you are doing better (Andrea)! Have fun street witnessing. Excited to hear how it goes. :) My prayers are with you both.