Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flapjacks!

So we did something a bit different and fun in my English class last Friday. We just finished the novel Tuck Everlasting. After the students took their test they got to watch the movie in class. Well in the novel, the Tuck family eats "flapjacks" (better known as pancakes) often. So we decided to make them in class while we enjoyed the movie! The students and I both loved it!


Here was my little set up. I made a special "flapjack" recipe. So I made all the batter the night before. It worked out really well and it made my room smell great!

Here are some of my great students enjoying their treat!

Some of my goof balls. But I love them!

We all have been in a bit of a slump lately. I was hoping this would be a fun activity that would spark a positive light in them and myself! I am so glad we did it.

I just love teaching and being with these student everyday. I am so thankful and can already not wait for next year!

2 comments:

hilljean said...

You are an awesome teacher! If I were your student, that memory would stick forever! How creative and fun--great way to get involved in the story :)

Ashley said...

What a great idea! Way to go Mrs. Burns :)